Positive Psychology is so much more than just looking on the bright side!
As a Positive Psychologist, Coach and Writer, Lisa Avery helps individuals connect with the unique passion and purpose that drives their personal and professional success. She’s fascinated by what propels a person to pursue their vocation, entwining their innate strengths, values and interests to serve both themselves and the rest of the world. Additionally, she fuses the art of Coaching with the science of Positive Psychology to help individuals gain the clarity, confidence and courage to become all they aspire to be.
Lisa is such a bright spirit! And, her lovely British accent just shines in this interview.
Ideas covered in this episode:
- The difference of Traditional Psychology vs. Positive Psychology
- Learning how to align with your authentic self
- Negative Emotions are a real and necessary part of life
- Processing negative emotions
- Emotions = Energy In Motion
- Cultivating a deeper sense of Happiness
- The Thoughts – Emotions – Behavior Cycle
- Not every thought you think is reality
- How you talk to yourself creates your identity
- Every positive emotion we experience opens us to more positivity
- Foxiness = getting “naked” with yourself