MomLovesBaking.com’s Lise Ode is helping us get foxy in the kitchen!
Lise Ode is the author of the popular food blog, Mom Loves Baking. She loves creating sweet treats, taking lots of pictures and sharing the step-by-step photos and videos on her website as well as her social channels, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. She’s talks with us about how she turned her hobby into a work from home job that pays the bills (or at least some of them).
She’s a self-taught baker with a passion in baking since childhood. She worked as a graphic artist for 15 years before starting a cake business in 2007. Lise excels at making elaborate wedding cakes and creative party cakes in the Ace of Cakes style, like a camera, a car, guitar, etc. In 2013, she was selected as a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off. Unfortunally she didn’t win the bake off, but that’s when her husband suggested she start a food blog. MomLovesBaking.com has grown up to 250K monthly page views all from sharing her love for baking with the world.
And now Lise shares with us here on The Get Foxy Show!
Ideas covered in this episode:
- Every job you hold teaches you a lesson you can apply later in life
- How hair extensions help her feel foxy
- What books can help you get foxy
- How staying stylish can help you expand your repertoire
- How watching Netflix shows can help you find fashion ideas when you’ve been out of the game
- Having chocolate (stevia sweetened) every day
- Skinny and low-carb recipes that taste amazing
- Dancing is a great way to get feeling cute and sexy
- Who embodies foxiness in Lise’s world
Lise has graciously shared some of her scrumptious “skinny” recipes with us. Just click on the photo to get the recipe! Thanks Lise!