Pharmacist Colleen Higgins talks to us about The Cannabis Prescription – how to use Medicinal Marijuana to reduce or replace pharmaceutical medications.
Colleen Higgins is a pharmacist, author of The Cannabis Prescription, and a speaker who helps translate the complex world of pharmaceutical and cannabis medicine into an accessible language for patients and caregivers.
Colleen is certified in Diabetes Management, Medication Therapy Management and as a Pain Management Specialty Pharmacist.
She has been helping patients understand how to get the most out of their medications for almost thirty years, first in various retail pharmacies, and most recently as a cannabis pharmacist in the medical marijuana program in Connecticut.
In March of 2020, Colleen completed her first book, The Cannabis Prescription: How to Use Medical Marijuana to Reduce or Replace Pharmaceutical Medications. She currently works at a medical cannabis dispensary where she consults with new patients on the proper way to medicate with cannabis in order to achieve the best results.
She created SwayInnovations.com, an educational website designed to translate cannabis science, in order to make it more accessible for both patients and healthcare professionals.
Ideas covered in this episode:
- The creation of Sway Innovations
- The wrong way to use cannabis
- Details from The Cannabis Prescription
- The keys to finding success in cannabis usage
- Various methods of delivery
- Determining proper dosages and ratios of CBD and TCH
- What is CBD
- THC-A vs. THC
- Properties of CBG and CBN
- The line between recreational and medical cannabis use
- Inhalation methods
- The danger of cannabis concentrates
- Colleen’s definition of foxy
- Who is foxy in Colleen’s world