Mrs. Jones knows budgeting can get you foxy!
As the creator of Keep Up with Mrs. Jones LLC, and Host of the daily morning show Ask the Budgetologist, Phylecia Jones is the savvy go-to budgeting nerd, international speaker and trainer. After serving as a civilian Scientist and Engineer for the US Navy, Phylecia launched her skills into changing the world one budget-at-a-time and is now opening the door for many solo entrepreneur coaches and consultants to have that must needed wake-up call to get serious about managing money. Since being a money nerd is not enough, Phylecia’s life has included traveling the world, being a professional cheerleader, 100hrs towards being a yacht captain… and achieving an eclectic list of random cool things!
I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Phylecia for several years now. And I’ve had the privilege of going through her Budget School. Frankly, Phylecia is my kind of friend – down to earth, no nonsense, and purely authentic. She’s a fantastic teacher, and I totally recommend her to anyone who is interested in improving their relationship with money. She will help you alleviate your money anxiety so that you can be fun, foxy, and free!
Ideas covered in this episode:
- Phylecia’s ideas on foxy
- The relationship between money and foxiness
- Clearing shame about money
- Have a CFO day
- Get yourself out of the way of your financial decisions
- How to get started with budgeting
- Facing money fears
- Setting your priorities
- You can’t afford to ignore your numbers
- The third person in your relationship
- Reframing debt
- Staying in confidence even when you don’t feel it
- Create a list of the 15 coolest things you’ve done in life
- The cool stuff jar
- Who embodies foxy in Phylecia’s world
- How to stay foxy