Feel like a mess? Would you rather feel amazing? Listen to what Trina has to say and you’ll be on your way!
Trina L. Martin is the author of From A Mess to Amazing. She’s a speaker, technology consultant, and podcaster who uses her technical expertise to work with businesses to elevate Operations by leveraging technology to communicate. She also inspires emerging leaders to pursue their wildest dreams with heart and grit. An accomplished and dedicated member of the U.S. military for 30 years, she has broken barriers and made strides in her career that many said weren’t possible.
A native of Chicago, IL, Trina is the youngest of four children. She suffered verbal abuse from her mother, which caused her to have low self-esteem and not know her worth. Although her mother tried to break her, Trina became determined, Type-A, and driven to succeed.
The first in her family to attend college, and due to the lack of support at home, she knew she would have to achieve her own goal. With unwavering determination, she enlisted in the U.S. Army and served in the reserves to put herself through school at Alabama A&M University. Both of these choices fueled Trina’s desire to succeed and revealed the depths of her resiliency.
Naturally skilled at finding the harmony between technology, science, and data, she has led a stellar career in the Information Technology field. As an Intelligence Officer in the U.S. Navy and now as the owner of her technology agency, Trina has pierced the glass ceiling and excelled in positions typically held by men.
Throughout Trina’s career, the common denominator has been her ability to set goals and not only achieve but surpass them. Self-motivation, discipline, and hard work are the driving forces that helped her design a life and career that defied the odds stacked against her. She’s truly gone from a mess to amazing!
Ideas covered in this episode:
- What inspired Trina to write From a Mess to Amazing
- How Trina worked through her mess
- Know your worth
- The importance of self-forgiveness
- 7 Steps for creating the life you deserve
- Don’t forget to take care of your mental health
- Everybody has a journey and it takes time
- Being perfectly imperfect
- The curation of social media and self-comparison
- The most surprising thing Trina learned through her writing
- The importance of vulnerability when making connections
- Trina’s definition of foxy