Michele’s expertise in Pelvic Floor Therapy & her FeminEngery® program can help you get your foxy back!
Michele Forsberg specializes in working with women who struggle with various conditions involving pelvic and abdominal dysfunction, pain, and trauma. She revels in helping her patients connect with their bodies and start enjoying life again. She is highly sought out by local patients as well as out-of-state and international clients for her eclectic whole-body hands-on approach.
MIchele has been a licensed physical therapist for over 20 years and comes from a professional dance background where her love for movement and the body began. She started Align PT, in Longmont, CO in 2012.
She is also the founder of the FeminEnergy® Program for women’s empowerment and pelvic health education.
About FeminEnergy® Through Michele’s work, and her own personal experience, she began to realize how common it is for women to let pain and suffering go unnoticed, leading them to disengage from their bodies, from the natural beauty and power that resides within. Women also tend to not discuss their issues, keeping them bottled up inside.
What Michele also realized is that many of women display a common postural pattern of physical and emotional holding in the pelvic muscles and organs, that when released, can bring about more feelings of joy, empowerment, and self-confidence.
FeminEnergy® was created out of a desire to give women a more in-depth journey into the female body than is possible in one-to-one appointments. It combines an intelligent progression of movement practices yoga, strength, dance, with pelvic education, and a deep dive into shifting the emotions and mindset that keep us playing it small. We magnify the healing nature of the program through connection and sisterhood with other women.
Ideas covered in this episode:
- How Michele became a Physical Therapist
- Holistic Pelvic Floor work
- What is the Pelvic Floor
- Pelvic Floor dysfunction is common
- Dealing with shame and stigma
- You can’t separate Body and Mind
- The negative impact of disconnection from your body
- Tips for preventing of pelvic issues
- Intentionally breathing into the pelvic floor
- The FeminEnergy® program
- FeminEnergy® community support
- Michele’s definition of foxy
- Who’s foxy in Michele’s world
- One piece of advice on how to reclaim and maintain your foxiness
- The one piece of advice on how to keep your pelvic floor healthy
- What a pelvic floor therapy session looks like